Head Chain - HC
Head Chain - HC
This 7 foot piece of chain can be used on any of the Priefert headgates as a head restraint when working cattle. It can also be used as a head restraint on the calf table.
HC Head Chain
Designed to work with Priefert Squeeze Chutes, Headgates, and the Priefert Calf Table, this Head Chain can be used to securely restrain an animal’s head. With the chain threaded through the chain loop, pull one end of the chain across the front of the animal’s head and secure the end of the chain in the chain lock. Simply pull on the other end of the chain to tighten it over the bridge of the animal’s nose, and then pull upward until chain catches in the V at the top of the chain loop. Bring the remainder of the chain across animal’s neck, behind the ears, and secure the appropriate link into the chain lock. This creates a “halter like” restraint, allowing safe and easy access to the animal’s head, perfect for when you need to doctor an animal’s eyes or read tattoos.
- Head Chain allows the operator to secure the head of any animal in a Priefert Headgate or Calf Table. Perfect for when you need to doctor eyes or read tattoos.
- Head Chain allows operator to safely restrain an animal’s head, by securing the chain over the bridge of the animal’s nose and over top of the animal’s head (behind the ears).
- This 7’ machine twist chain comes standard as a Squeeze Chute or Calf Table accessory (not included with Headgate purchases).
- Length: 7’
- Head Chain included with the purchase of Model S01, S0191, S04 and SC13 Squeeze Chutes and with purchase of Calf Table (CT)
- 1/0 machine twist chain
- Weight: 1.7 lbs (All weights approximate)
- Head Chain not included with the purchase of Model HG91, HG97, or Model HG10 Priefert Headgates.