Solid Sweep Corral System 250 Head w/Calf Table - SSCS-5
Solid Sweep Corral System 250 Head w/Calf Table - SSCS-5
Our largest corral setup, this system includes the 135 degree Solid Sheeted Sweep, an S04 squeeze chute, and Calf Table with alley.
SSCS-5 Solid Sweep Corral System for 250 Head w/Calf Table
Designed to handle approximately 250 head, this corral features a 135 degree Rough Stock Open Sweep with a 48’ straight working alley that leads to a Model S04 Squeeze Chute. The SSCS-5 also features a 16’ sorting alley that leads to a Calf Table. This system is constructed with durability in mind to ensure that it can handle the rankest cattle. The layout includes six holding pens connected to a 10’ wide central alley. The 48’ working alley is adjustable and can be set to one of four widths to better fit the size of cattle being worked. With no tools required, the “no-back” Alley Stop can be easily adjusted to prevent cattle from backing out of the alley. The attractive and durable Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors will add years of life to your investment by helping your panels resist rust, scratches and fading. The Sheeted Preg Panels provide operators safe and easy access to the rear of the cow for pregnancy checking or artificial insemination. The Model S04 Squeeze Chute is Priefert’s number one selling squeeze chute of all time and features the Model 91 Headgate that works in manual or automatic mode. The 16’ sorting alley leads to a Calf Table. Priefert’s Calf Table is the safest, most productive way to work calves weighing up to 450 lbs. Our largest corral system, the SSCS-5 has everything you need for your cow-calf operation. Not only does this system help take some of the “work” out of working cattle, but it is designed to be “easy on the cow, easy on the cowboy.”
- The SSCS-5 is great for permanent corrals and works well herds numbering up to 250 head.
- This system features a 135 degree sweep tub with a 48’ long main working alley that connects to a Model S04 Squeeze chute. A side sorting alley connects to a Calf Table.
- By pivoting our 10’ wide sweeping bow gate at the inside corner of the alley entrance, livestock flow is improved by eliminating corners that are found in other sweep systems.
- The Solid Sweep Bow Gate includes the sweeping gate, an alley frame that serves as the initial opening into the crowding alley, and a spring loaded Double Piston Lever Latch.
- Our Sheeted Curve Panels are specially designed to create our sweep tub and each includes three vertical blocking points that allow the sweep gate latch. These stops help prevent cattle from pushing the sweep gate back when being crowded.
- The 8’ Solid Sweep Bow Gate serves as a sorting gate, giving you the option to sort or load out cattle straight from the sweep, without crowding them down the alley.
- Radius Bars work at ground level to maintain the constant and correct radius for the sweep and the Radius Bow provides support from overhead.
- This system is constructed with durability in mind to ensure that it can handle the rankest cattle.
- Sturdy Rough Stock pin connectors allow for quick and secure connections to additional components.
- Priefert’s unique Adjustable Alley Frames allow operators to quickly and easily adjust the width of the working alley to better fit the size of cattle being work. The alley can be set to 18”, 21”, 25”, or 28” wide.
- The Sheeted Adjustable Alley Gates are designed to work with our Adjustable Alley Frames and serve as heavy duty roll gates for blocking cattle.
- With no tools required, the effective height of the “no-back” Alley Stop can be quickly set to prevent the backing of bulls, cows, and calves.
- Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish with UV inhibitors adds years of life to your investment by helping the panels and gates resist rust, scratches and fading.
- Specifically designed for use with Priefert Solid Sweep Systems, the SSO-AA is used for creating a secondary alley off of the main crowding alley. Each of the sheeted gates that make up this kit allow for individuals to "pass through" the sorting alley without going all the way around.
- The SS45 turn kit is used to introduce a 45 degree turn into the sorting alley that leads to the Calf Table.
- Priefert’s unique, patented two-stage pivot action makes this the easiest tilting table on the market because it uses the weight of the calf to move the table into position.
- Priefert’s Calf Table is the safest, most productive way to work calves weighing up to 450 lbs.
- The Calf Table’s friction locks are guaranteed for life. It’s important that you DO NOT oil or lubricate the friction locks, as this will prevent them from working properly.
- The Calf Table is reversible and includes a head chain, a leg hobble, and multiple side access points.
- Two Sheeted Preg Panels situated at the end of the main working alley makes it easy to gain secure access to palpate or AI cattle. Simply open the gate and lock it into place to block the lead up alley and gain access to the rear of the cow.
- The Adjustable Alley Frame with Chute Attachment allows for quick and easy attachment of your adjustable alley to a Priefert’s Model S04 Squeeze Chute.
- The S04 Squeeze Chute is designed to be user friendly, all levers and handles are located so that a single individual can operate the headgate, tailgate, squeeze, and side exit from one spot with minimal effort.
- Headgate locks and Side Squeeze locks are GUARANTEED FOR LIFE! This infinite locking system allows a perfect fit for every size animal.
- The Model 91 Headgate operates in manual or automatic catch mode. To set the automatic catch, move the auto-catch lever to activate the spring, and then use the self-catching lever on the front of the headgate to select one of 4 opening widths. The sides of the headgate are contoured to fit securely around the neck of the animal.
- The S04 chute design allows maximum neck access, offering greater convenience for preferred injection sites. There are no “head-banging” handles in the way of the operator! All handles are parallel along the side of the chute or store over the chute and out of the way of the operator.
- The Model S04 Squeeze Chute features 5 contoured upper access panels and a removable bottom access panel on each side of the chute to provide the operator with full access to both sides of the animal.
- The S04 also features a side exit gate to be used for sorting or as an emergency exit.
- The “split tailgate” on the chute features dual controls to allow operation of the tail gate from the front or rear of the chute. The simple pull of a pin disengages half of the tailgate to create a “calf-sized” entry into the chute. Put the pin back in place to resume split tailgate action.
- Main Working Alley Length: 48’
- Alley Frame Inside Height: 80”
- Panel Height: 6’
- Inside Alley Width: Adjustable to 18”, 21”, 25”, or 28”
- Handles approximately 250 head of cattle
- Sheeted Curved Panels each include 3 vertical blocking points approximately 31”-32” apart that allow the sweep gate to continually latch as it “sweeps” forward
- Calf Table friction locks are guaranteed for life – DO NOT oil or lubricate friction locks
- Squeeze Chute Infinite Locks are guaranteed for life – Lubricate infinite locks and all moving parts of the chute before each use with a light oil (i.e. WD-40). DO NOT use heavy oil.
- S04 dip painted Priefert Blue
- Calf Table features a Priefert Blue Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- All Rough Stock and Sheeted components feature a Grey Architectural Grade Powder Coat Finish
- SSCS-5 includes: 1- Calf Table, 2- 10’ Rough Stock Arena Panels, 63- 12’ Rough Stock Arena Panels, 1- 10’ Rough Stock Arena Walk Thru Panel, 1- 10’ x9’ Rough Stock Bow Frame, 2- 4’ x 7’ Rough Stock Bow Gates, 12- 10’ x 9’ Rough Stock Bow Gates, 20- 2-way Rough Stock Gender Adaptors, 4- 4-way Rough Stock Gender Adaptors, 1- Solid Sweep Bow Gate, 1- 8’ Solid Sweep Bow Gate, 3- Sheeted Curved Panels, 1- SS-AA Alley Attachment Kit, 3- Sheeted Preg Panels, 2- 8’ Sheeted Alley Panels, 7- 10’ Sheeted Alley Panels, 1- Sheeted Panel Mounting Bracket-Male, 1- Model S04 Squeeze Chute, 4- Sheeted Adjustable Alley Frames, 1- Sheeted Adjustable Alley Frame with Chute Attachment, 4- Sheeted Adjustable Alley Gates, 1- 45 Degree Turn Kit, 2- Sheeted Sweep Connector Posts, 3- Sheeted Sweep Radius Bars, 1- Sheeted Sweep Radius Bow, 1- “no back” Alley Stop, 19- 3-way Rough Stock Connector Posts, 3- 4-way Rough Stock Connector Posts